Monday, February 28, 2011

Are you waking up on PURPOSE?

Are you waking up on purpose? 
I'm reminded of the lyrics of the rap group OutKast.  "You betta get up get out and get someth'n.  Don't let the days of your life past by.  You betta get up get out and get someth'n how will you make it if you never even try? You betta get up get out and get someth'n cause you and I gots to do for you and I" Great song...Awesome message. 
I find myself amazed at myself these last few days.  My wife in I had come to a place recently where we began looking at the fruit of our lives asking ourselves is there more to life than this?  As we conversed more, what we were really saying is "There is more to us than what we've allow ourselves to be, so what’s the problem?"  Honestly, we were distracted.  I had thought about the vision I created for my home and some of the things I wanted to see happen in our lives as we walked on this journey together in marriage.  "I think we need to pull out the vision for our house and take a look at it".  I thought to myself.  I said to melanna One of the major reason people don't reach their goals is because they don't see their goals, not because they don't know where they want to be, but when it's time to make a decision between going out and doing the work to accomplish those goals they don't have them in mind and make decisions without their goals at the forefront of their mind.  
My wife and I are no different.  I said "You know we haven't done any of the things we said we were going to do to be faithful over the little we have".  And I listed just the things from memory that we said we were going to do and she agreed.  As we sat back and simply reflected on this, an idea I had months earlier, came back to my mind in the form of a question.  Are you waking up on purpose?  It was at that moment that I realized.  You don't need just a purpose for your overall life, your ten year, five year or two month plan.  You need a purpose for waking up every morning and I don't believe most of us have the reason for why we get up every day that is for us, and not just for work to pay a mortgage.  Most would say “I'm glad I woke up this morning I’m alive.”  I agree I love living, but I've come to see that it's one thing to be alive because you can breathe and another thing to be alive for something that is worth your last breath on a daily basis.  That's why for me and my house I’ve created a Pathway to Achieving Purpose©.  This is the formula we are using in our daily lives that will help us stay on track to make wiser decision and keep our targets in front of us.  In our Daily Strategic Plan© (DSP©), there are 4 parts.

1. a Purpose= The ultimate reason for getting up.
Purpose asks the question: What do I want to be, do, or have accomplished today as a result of my larger vision?

2. a Plan= Goals/steps to achieve the purpose.
Plans asks the question: What do I need to do or what steps do I take to achieve or accomplish the purpose?

3. a Process= System, a series of actions in an organized procedure to bring about a result.
Process asks the question: In what order do I need to put these goals/steps in to be effective the most?

4. Proceed=  To begin to carry on the actions of your process.  You can have a purpose, plan, and a great process, but you'll never fulfill your purpose without proceeding to take action.
When I get up I’m getting up on PURPOSE.

These tools you can use to a Pathway to achieving Purpose©.

When you wake up ask yourself; Am I, waking up on PURPOSE?

Share your questions, comments, concern or criticisms in the comments section.  I'd really appreciate what you have to say.

To Subscribe to TRP click this link:    http://therehabproject.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
If you’re a fan Click the Follow Button on The Rehab Project blog and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page @ therehabproject1. 

As Always
Thank you for coming to visit!
Charles Henderson
Phone: 617-329-9007
Chief Rebuilder
The Rehab Project:
Because a Life can be...REBUILT!
Find us on Facebook & Twitter@
The Rehab Project

No comments:

Post a Comment